Friday, November 04, 2005

Rotation Requests...

Well, hopefully these requests will be honored a little better than my school choices were. I emailed the requests for my electives for the next year. Top three choices (we are required to have 3) are: Equine Community Practice, Clinical Pathology Clerkship, and Small Animal Medicine Clerkship. In otherwords, I chose to have a total of 3 months in Small Animal Medicine. Then, as an alternative I chose: Dermatology/Cardiology/Behavior (how they lump those together still baffles me, but all I really want from that is the cardiology).

I am also required to have an externship where we work in a clinical setting of our chosen specialty (without pay of course) for 8 weeks. We all know I am wanting emergency and critical care, and the closest clinics here are 90 minutes north, and 90 minutes south. So, I am looking into a hospital in Asheville very near Jim. I will visit the hospital in December to see if it is a place that I would enjoy working at and learn a lot from. Can't very well drive an hour and a half before and after a 24 hour shift safely.

I am ready to get back to using my brain, as I think it has been on idle too long. This break has been good (except for the surgery of course) and I don't want it to end, but it's time for me to shine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home