Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Road Trippin'

Last Wednesday began my journey to Indiana. I worked hard for the days prior to get packed and loaded into the UHaul and I left for North Carolina to pick up Jim after work. Jim and I pulled the UHaul with his F-150 and Mom and Kim drove my Explorer with the 2 dogs and 2 cats. We stopped halfway, stayed the night and finished the drive last Thursday.

We did some letterboxing on the way...any chance we get to add to our F-counts, we do! Then, we arrived in Lafayette Thursday late afternoon. The trailer was unloaded in record time, since there were 5 people unloading: me, Uncle Dave, Mom, Kim, and Jim. Jim and I took off for school. I drove and he told me where to turn and we mapped out my route for my first day at Purdue. We found where I was supposed to go (thank god for him) and picking the best route, my travel time to school is about 10 minutes. Then we went for a hard earned meal at Outback. All I can say is YUMMMMM. Blooming onion (never had that on the island!), bread, Kim's moooo'ing steak...lots of yummy food, big bellies, and one tired crew!

Friday, while I had to be at school at 8am, they all worked so very hard on the house for me. I kept saying that I wanted it to be like one of those tv shows....ya know...I just come home and POOF, it's done. Except for some earth shattering problems (like my computer power cord breaking) they got me all set up nicely. The cable worker came and installed my cable and cable internet. Jim returned the trailer and ran all over creation looking for a computer store to buy me a new power cord. He said if he couldn't find one, that he was just going to get on a plane before I got home because it wasn't going to be pretty. But, between him and Kim they solved the crisis before I even knew about it. And Mom......shhhhheeeesh.... SHE washed all of my dishes by hand and got my whole kitchen set up for me. all I can say about that is WOW! They got my futon put together...I can't even name everything they all did for me.

Saturday we took off and had some fun. We went to my sisters favorite place in the whole wide world (about an hour from here) called Turkey Run State Park. We boxed there, mom took a nap by the fire and we met up with Kim's mom and husband and ate another yummy meal. It seems that we ate out all the time, but we managed to eat good!
Sunday we went to Terre Haute to visit my god-dad...Uncle Dave, saw the house he is remodeling and took a scenic drive..with of course, you guessed it...more boxin!

Monday was my sad day. Not only was it my sister's birthday and we couldn't spend it together because they had to leave to drive home, but because all 3 of my favorite people had to leave. I kissed Kimmy and cried, I kissed Mom and cried, then I kissed my Jimmy and cried. Jimmy gave me 2 sweet kisses then promptly said that he would be back when it warms up...LOL.
They all left and I finished cleaning up the house and took a nap. Boy, it sure is quiet here...almost too quiet. Laid out everything I needed to take with me to school today and went to bed reading a packet of papers that I needed to know about for my Surgery rotation.

I set 3, THREE(!) alarm clocks so I made sure not to miss my first day. Anyone who knows me knows how paranoid something like that is going to happen. I reported to the surgery suite prep room this morning and hung out there until time came for me to leave a little early for lunch. I needed to get my bank account opened up and I had to buy my pager for school. I should give my pager a name because he is going to be my best buddy and never leave my side (literally), for fear of failing a rotation.

I went into school this morning and it was raining. I left at 5pm and there was about 1.5 inches of snow on the ground. It is now 9:11pm and it is STILL snowing. As much as I was wanting the snow, I think I want to change my mind now...hahaha.

Tally and Goo are being good. I left Magoo babygated by the back door mud room because his feet were dirty when I pottied him at lunch, but when I came home BOTH dogs greeted me at the front door. I don't know how he scaled that gate, but he sure enough did. Buddy and Bella stay under the futon most of the time (must be warm there), but Bella prefers to be laying on the heater vent in the bathroom. She looks so cute and cozy when she lays there.

I just let the dogs out in the backyard to go potty for the night. I watched the Island Prince Cujo. He pranced around in the snow like he was walking on eggshells. It was HILARIOUS. Caribbean mutt meets snow. I went and poured a drink and I went back to the door and guess who was sitting right next to the door just WAITING for it to be opened. Yep, it was just as funny as I had imagined.

So, here I am. In my own house. I have my animals. I am overwhelmed. I am scared. But, somehow, I think I am going to be ok.
I have good friends behind me (even though we don't have our pool anymore for our time-out 'Oh My God are we going to Make It' sessions), good family, and a wonderful boyfriend. I have the all the support I could ever hope for.

Now, let the Morph begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home