Creeped OUT!


Creepy. I had my first really creepy feeling EVER...and I won't forget it.
Let me give you a little background on the picture of the grave you are looking at:
Summary: On Dec. 22, 1831, Charles Silver was murdered at his cabin in Burke County, N.C. His body was dismembered and parts subsequently found at various locations in and around the cabin. On Jan. 10, 1832, his wife, Frances ("Frankie") Stewart Silver, her mother Barbara Stewart,and brother Blackstone Stewart were taken to Morganton, N.C., and charged with the crime. Barbara and Blackstone Stewart were released on Jan. 17 due to insufficient evidence, but Frankie was indicted by the grand jury in March 1832 and tried later that month. She was convicted on April 2, and sentenced to be hanged on July 27 of the same year. Documents were sent to the N.C. Supreme Court for appeal, but oral arguments were not made on her behalf. The verdict was upheld, and Frankie Stewart Silver was hanged in Morganton on July 12, 1833. Charlie Silver is buried behind the Old Kona Baptist Church in Mitchell County, N.C., in three separate graves. Frankie Silver is buried about nine miles west of Morganton.
So, the other day which initially began as a Christmas tree hunting day turned out to be an excursion to find the church that holds the Charlie Silver burial plot. Jim read the book and has sinced passed it to me, which I am currently halfway through with. His interest in this book and history stems from the fact that these are relatives of his, believe it or not. So, he knows quite a bit on the subject. We set out to find the church, the river, and the remains of the cabin.
What a spooky day in the mountains!
OK, so here is the story of how I was creeped out...
I went to take a picture of the back of the church. My digital camera went to a black screen and powered off. Weird, I thought. I tried to take another picture, same thing happened. So, I decided perhaps the batteries were bad. I replaced the batteries with a brand new fresh set, tried to take another picture...same thing happened, black screen and powered off.
I told Jimmy something weird was happening, so I took a picture of the ground. The picture took just fine and reset for my next picture. Turned immediately around to snap another picture, couldn't do it: immediately black screen and power off.
I then went to the front of the church, SAME THING HAPPENS twice more! I am SO creeped out by this time, I was ready to go. I turned around and took a picture of Jim in his truck, took just fine, again, turned right around to get the picture of the church and guess what happened: yup, black screen and power off.
I gave up and said let's get the hell out of here. Jim thought I was messing around, so he took the camera from me and tried. Same thing happened to him twice again. But, he turned and took a pic of me without any problems.
I have never really had any encounter with the 'paranormal', and maybe this wasn't, but I know I have no other explanation for what happened. I immediately called Kim to get her 'take' on it, since she has a little more experience in this area than I do. If someone had told me this story, I wouldn't have believed them, but I know for sure what happened to me.
I know that something, or someone, did NOT want me taking a picture of that church up close for some reason unknown to me. I got that feeling very clearly...so we promptly left.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home