Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Schedule change
















I received a page from the lady who does the scheduling today. So, I hiked it upstairs and talked to her, bracing myself as to what she was changing this time. It appears that I will not be participating in the grueling hours surrounding foaling season at a referring university hospital. I will actually get a little more sleep that I would if I were on that rotation here in the spring. I will go right into Small Animal Medicine, which in itself will be long hours, days and nights in the ICU, and trying to figure out what is wrong with my patients. I really want to see how they manage all the sick foals, though, since I want to work emergency with the horsies. I will randomly make my way over there periodically and keep abreast of what is going on.

There is another chick on my rotation from Russia. We talk a lot about the differences in the education, work, lifestyle, etc. Her name is Natasha and today she shared some Russian chocolate with me. I make it a habit everyday to learn at least 2-3 Russian words. It's really fun and she tells me that I pronounce them very well. I learned milk chocolate as we were eating her candy bar. Her mother is a vet but teaches now. They come here for the 'better life'. Today I asked her if it was really that different, she said a professional educated person (such as her friend who is a pharmacist that works in Moscow) makes the equivalent of $300.00 PER MONTH. That is with her friend commuting to Moscow because of course they make more money in the bigger cities. WOW is all I have to say. How they even survive is beyond me. But, she is really really nice and she has opened a few cultural doors for me to learn about.

Doesn't that picture just melt your heart? I miss my guys at the fire station!! =(
Hugs and kisses!!
p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home