Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday


On such a beautiful day, I decided to go after 2 letterboxes that were relatively close to me...both within 10 miles.
This picture is Cairo Skywatch Tower, a tower where 90 volunteers rotated 24 hour shifts in 1952 during the Korean War to watch for enemy planes. A wooden tower literally out in the middle of flat, nowhere Indiana, and behind someone's house (so why couldn't they just phone in the enemy plane sightings...sorry bad joke).

The second letterbox was located at Clegg botanical Gardens. The garden has a naturalistic setting including prairie and oak savannah restorations, with extensive beds of wildflowers, labeled trees, nature trails, and bridges. I happened upon this little cave/ grotto thingy and saw a cup of water where a drip of water ever so slowly from the rock ahead was being collected.



Then, I came home and made cupcakes to take up to the ICU. Cindy, who is pretty cool was working. We click really well working together, talking out cases together, bitching about our day to each other, and laughing until we cry. It's strange how you can find your best of friends in the middle of your life and seemingly out of nowhere.
But, I digress.
She was on call for emergency surgery Friday night and was stuck in the hospital until midnight, then had to be back on Saturday to work an ICU shift from 4pm to midnight. We went out and got some lunch, then she went back to bed before she had to go back in. So, being cool like I am, I made some vanilla cupcakes to take up there for everyone working (she hates chocolate...I dunno, we definitely aren't twins!..lol)

It rained all night last night and I awoke in the middle of the night to a 'drip, drip, drip' sound. I jumped up, turned off my radio and started looking for the wet carpet spot. I couldn't find one, then saw Tally licking his damned leg, then he looked up at me like, 'what?'

It's still raining today, but that's good because I have work to get done. I have to give a presentation on an emergency surgery tomorrow. GDV (Gastric Dilatation Volvulus), something people don't get because they can burp, is probably one of the higher ranking emergency presentations for dogs. I have to talk about presentation, different surgical approaches, complications, things to watch for on the ECG (VPC's), post-surgical complications, etc...

Also to do today: get my Externiship letter written for the emergency clinic in Asheville. I keep putting that off because I don't know where to start or exactly what to say, but I shall tackle that in a minute when I finish procrastinating by writing in my blog (wink).

Jimmy is going to look for a cat at the Humane Society today. He says he needs a mouser, I think he wants something warm and purring to love. Hopefully, we'll have the pics of his new addition soon.

Ok, I need to work now...miss you all!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home