Saturday, January 21, 2006


Thursday night, just as I was all snugged up in my bed like a bug in a rug....SLEEPING...there goes my pager. I went in for the emergency on this poor little dachshund. He was an oncology patient that had collapsed and was all bloated. With an abdomen 5 times the size it should be and a heart rate 5 times that it should be, we radiographed him and decompressed him with a tube. Sure enough, he was dilated with gas, but did not have a torsion. Owners elected euthanasia.

Friday: worked in Large Animal Medicine all day. Took a horse to the treadmill, treated a horse that had a tie-back the day before, treated a colic case (the one I had on emergency the night before), some rads, some neuro exams...blah blah blah...
Had dinner with Cindy and Amy and then came home and crashed on the couch.

Saturday: worked in Community Practice (all wellness exams/ vaccinations, etc) until 12:00, but didn't get to leave until almost 1:00 because of case discussions with the doctor. Tonight, I have to work in Large Animal Emergency from 4:00 until midnight. I hope we are slow. Last night they had a cow c-section (dead calf) at 6pm and a horse colic at midnight (which lasted about 4 hours just surgery time).
I cleaned house today, dishes, and let the dogs play outside.

Tomorrow: Hem my scrub pants because someone stole my legs and do some reading.

It's cold here now and looks like snow.
More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home