Can I get a WHOOOOT!
So, here it is...all official and all *wink*. Here is my very first white coat with my name on it, courtesy of my sweetheart. This week has been very hectic. I bet I can eat like a horse and still lose weight because of all of the running I do all day in the hospital. I am doing a lot, I have all of my own patients and problems and things I can and can't figure out. Had a little overwhelming breakdown the other day, but good ole PK talked me through it. I called her tonight for help on a case tonight...something I am stuck on, but according to the clinician "I am SO close"...doesn't matter, I am still stuck. Well, 3 of my esteemed colleagues don't know, either, so I don't know where I can even look it up.
I am on call for emergency surgery tonight. Cindy and I were sitting at dinner and my pager goes off (just got my burger). So, I am like DAMN! and Cindy slaps her forehead (I had only been gone from the hospital for 1 hour. I return the page (after I almost asked for a doggie bag to eat dinner on the way) and I say my name. She says, "who is this?", I repeat my name again and she says, "Oh, I'm sorry, I was trying to page Kristin"...so, after the heart attack I was able to finish my dinner.
Got my box in the mail today from mommy. It had my DVDs, some bills, the dog tags I had ordered for the mutts, a magazine, etc....
I hate to run, but I have a list of things to read to prepare for rounds tomorrow and cases. I have to spay a cat tomorrow, too...so I need to brush up on that. I have to be at school at 7 to do the exam and bloodwork on my surgery patient and have my report and anesthesia protocol all done to be turned in at 8am...then a seminar to attend, then rounds, then, then, then...LOL... There never seems to be an end.
Oh well, perhaps in a year there will be an end.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home