Neglected kids

So here are my boys, all neglected and sad. What do guilty moms do? Go buy toys and treats, of course. I think my dogs miss me and the cats just don't give a damn. LOL
It's been a helluva week, that's for sure. This week we did a lot of surgeries. The 120# front leg amuptation did well in the ICU and I discharged her yesterday. My Mastiff dog spay is doing great and I have a cat neuter tomorrow (big whippee).
On Thursday I was on call for emergency surgery and about 9pm we had this little 6 pound Yorkie with a closed-pyometra (nasty pus-filled uterus). So, we got that out of her and kept her in ICU..she also went home yesterday. I went in 5:30am on Friday so I could get both of my patients taken care of, the new orders written for the day, and get all their paperwork typed up by 7:45am. We have to have the new daily orders done by 7:45 so the doctor can review what changes we made in their treatments for the day and approve (or change) them. This was the first time I had any patients in the ICU..and I got whammied with 2 at the same time. So, about 8:30 I went back and looked at the orders to see if the doc had changed anything (I didn't think he had even checked yet) and they were signed. WOW...ummm...I made decisions and they weren't changed? Now, this is scary...LOL I ask him, "Dr. Hillman, I guess you were ok with 'a' and 'b', 'etc". And he says "yep, no problem with that". P says, "Oh, and what about this dog, you are ok with me wanting to pass a urinary catheter because he is 120 pounds, had 4 liters of fluids, can't walk, but been 'leaking urine' all night"....he says, "yep, that's a good suggestion, good thinking". ummmmmm, does all this sound scary to anyone else??
So, most days I don't have time to even eat lunch, I get there long before the sun comes up and leave long after the sun goes down. Oh well, it makes me appreciate the time I do have off. Like today, I wasn't on call, no ICU duty, no patients...so I woke up at 8:30am and decided that I was going to the movies. Just me, with a bag of popcorn and a diet coke, and a bunch of cuties on the big screen. I went and saw Annapolis, which I was a little worried about. All of the reviews gave it a C+, but I thought it was really good, so P's score would be an A-. Today I also mailed my externship letter for the emergency clinic in Asheville. So, please everyone cross your fingers. I realize Jimmy and I will be passing each other in the hallway...as I get off he would be leaving for work. I intend on really working hard and getting all my hours done as quickly as possible so I can have the week off when we go to NYC and can meet his family there. I absolutely can't WAIT to go on that trip, we are all going to have so much fun! Then, I came home and have been working on surgery reports all day. Tonight I will see if there is anything except NFL on, cuddle up with my pups, and have some hot chocolate with whipped cream. First, I think I want grilled cheese and chicken soup for dinner. Tomorrow...back to reality.
Last night I took the night off, too. I watched a couple episodes of House, cooked a pizza, made some chocolate chip cookies, took a relaxing bubble bath and watched the snow fall. I let the dogs out to potty and Tally stood at the door shivering...wussy Caribbean mutt...lol
These days my new project is trying to figure out how to change my name back to my maiden name. For some reason up until now it really hasn't bothered me, but the closer I get to graduation and my degree, it's been on my mind more and more. I still have to do some research on it, but the general consensus is... 'you want to look at your degree and smile', so we'll see what happens. Paula I. Kolar until it changes again someday...how does that sound? I think when daddy hears that June 10 he will smile down on me, just like the rest of my crew who will be there cheering me on!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home