Picture of Influenza B

Yep, that's right peoples...I have just received **THE most** thorough ass-whooping ever dealt. And by the way, that is Spongebob giving 2 thumbs DOWN!
I didn't feel so good on Wednesday. Thursday I drug myself into school to try and rectify a problem I had created the night before by not pulling a full blood panel for my Thursday morning surgery. My surgery time was 10:45. By 10:00 I had puked twice at school. My head clinicians told me to go on home, but I was desperately trying to be a trooper because we had such a heavy load with 2 more emergencies coming in. So, I told them I would leave after my surgery. Welllllllllll........half way through the surgery I nearly fell flat out on the floor....so my ticket home was signed and sealed. Thursday night my clinician tells me to stay home and go to the doctor on Friday because a classmate on my rotation was just diagnosed with Influenza. Friday morning I woke up, had just enough energy to shower and fall back in the bed. Somehow I drove myself to the doctor, where I was told what I already knew... So, $80.00 later for just the 5 days of flu meds, and I was out the door.
Today, I feel a little better. Maybe I should give thanks for the meds, 7-up, the couch, and watching The Patriot followed by the good ole standby, Top Gun. **All** of the animals overwhelmingly snuggling probably doesn't hurt either.
My friends have been wonderful offering to help or come by and bring me anything I need. The funniest, I thought, was Brad calling to see how I was and if he could bring me a Wendy's Frosty...because that's how his grandma always made him better. Isn't that the cutest thing ever? I told him thanks, but no thanks, he does NOT need exposed to this crappola.
Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive *for the moment*. I would send kisses, but you don't want those right now!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home