Monday, February 05, 2007

Doctor?? Doctor!!!

VETERINARY OATH
Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health, the relief of animal suffering, the conservation of livestock resources, the promotion of public health and the advancement of medical knowledge.
I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics.
I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.

Well, I finally did it. After all of the countless hours of studying, learning, worrying, crying, laughing, and doubting; I can finally call myself Dr. Paula Irene Kolar. Wow, does that bring tears to my eyes to even type. In some ways, the amount of stress has seemed to diminish by 100 fold, yet the fear of what lies ahead and the challenges that my patients will be sure to bring me ground me in a different type of fear. A fear that I will not arrive at the correct diagnosis or that my treatment will not be the most correct one, scares me, too. What I need to do now is to figure out how to eliminate the word self-doubt from my brain. I just need to wipe it clean.

Mom, Kimmie, and Jimmy all came to Indiana to help me in the move to Rogersville, TN about 2 weeks ago. It seemed as though nothing went right and stresses just accumulated. But, we all pushed and made it here. Here. Rogersville, TN. I guess I won't comment too much on how things happened on this end- what we arrived to and what I have the pleasure of dealing with first hand. I am trying to focus on the positives and make the best out of the situation. National Boards scores were mailed to mom's house: and thank god above that I passed. Now I am waiting on the last bit of paperwork to be done in Nashville (aka: background check/fingerprints= license).

I suppose I will close for now and update more later - I am using the computer at the library... yes, those things do still exist =). Which reminds me of my very first card with my very own signature that went in my very first purse and my most favorite sister took me to get it- the library card in Greenwood, SC. Isn't it funny, life's little snippets that we remember?

Much love to you all,

Paula I. Kolar, DVM

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew from the moment you stood on my doorstep that you could do this. You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for. You are a wonderful doctor and your patients are going to love you!!! Congratulations!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home