A Boxin kinda weekend

Tally...Talisman...Tall Talls...Boxin' Buddy...
He did pretty good on the trail yesterday although he was a little all over the place. I used the gentle leader on his head instead of attaching his leash to his collar and he didn't really fight it this time. It's good, it lets me use a little less correction when we are walking. What was NOT good were the people who had 3 dogs OFF LEASH and rushed up to Tally. I had him tied to a tree while I was searching all over for this letterbox (which I never found). He was growling as they ran up and thankfully the people called back their dogs. I don't know why people do this because the sign at the entrance of the PU Horticultural Park clearly says all dogs must be on a leash. Ah well..I snapped this really cute picture of The Talster standing next to my bookbag looking all handsome.
Today I went out to plant P's Favorite Movies! series of 3 boxes. I found this really cute Lilly Nature Center which is surrounded by a bog...all here in Lafayette, who knew? It's a very nice wood chipped paved trail. There are no hills to speak of and it is all level ground. I started searching where to leave my first box. I found a PERFECT place. It was a an elevated position which would have been a nice change of pace from all of our groundwork. I looked right where I wanted to put it, I saw a weird looking piece of bark, I lifted it and found my first-ever accidental finding of a geocache microbox (Bogged Down). So, of course I went and logged it in his logbook and under my name on the geocaching website, also.

So, I got my series planted: Ladder 49, Seabiscuit, and Forrest Gump (of course!).
On my way home, I put some fuel in the truck, washed, and vacuumed it. I came home and polished up my rims which were in pretty bad shape. I could just hear Steven's voice in my ear when he saw them one time, "you're gonna ruin those if you don't keep them clean". So I picked up some chrome polish and spent an hour out there scrubbing them. Now they are all shiny and pretty looking. Then, speak of the devil and he'll call. I hopped into the shower to get all the nastiness off me and Steven calls as I was getting out. I told him that I cleaned my rims today...just for him. I said that I hadn't done them in 3 months and he fussed at me and said I should be washing my truck every week. OKAY, I said to him. He is going to send pictures of his '69 GTO...his new baby, soon and I will post them so y'all can see, too.
Posted all my clues online, balanced my checkbook, paid some bills, and all caught up for now. I think tonight's dinner is gonna be a frozen pizza. whippeee.
Tuesday night I will get a free dinner out at a local eatin' joint (Scotty's Brewhouse), our representative guy who does our school placement is visiting us. He visits all the schools to get feedback, meet with our clinicians to see how we are doing, etc. So, I got the invite that he will be here Tuesday night to take us out. Mind you, I don't really like the group of Rossies with me this go-around, and neither does Cindy, but we've agreed to go to keep each other sane and sit in the corner...LOL.
Wednesday night I have ICU duty from 7:45pm-midnight (which I have to be there) and ICU duty on Saturday from 8am-4pm (I have to be there, also). It would be easier if we could just be on call, but we have to be there to do the hourly treatments.
That's all I can think of right now.
More later!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home