Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Jimmy visits!
















I must have been a VEWY VEWY good girl because the Easter Bunny visited me vewwwy early!!
Lemme tell you what....I told Jim that he just plain out couldn't leave!! He arrived on Friday night after I got home from school. I was so very happy to see him, too! We went out for a quick bite to eat since I know he was starving and I didn't get home in time to cook anything. Then it wasn't too long before we were both sound asleep curled up in each others' arms on the couch.
I was supposed to have ICU duty on Saturday 8am-4pm, but a good friend of mine decided she would switch with me so I could enjoy my company. We woke up Saturday morning and of course, had to go get a few boxes. Jim checked out my coordinates and clues and found the Favorite Movie series at Celery Bog for me. Then, we went after one other drive-by, Morel Mushroom (SORRY KIM). Had some lunch at Cracker Barrel in the SNOWSTORM followed by SLEET STORM! Then stopped by Blockbuster for 2 movies. We came home, laid out the futon and I put on my flannel jammies, and we just hung out (with the freezing weather outside) and watched movies.
I had called a yummy steak house to make reservations earlier in the day (this place was highly recommended), and we went there for dinner at 7:30pm. It was sooooo veryyy yummy. It was out in the boondocks and in the middle of a nowhere country road, but once you were inside, it was top notch. The restaraunt was featured with Emeril in a ritzy wine magazine (I guess it was very prestigious), but was small with a cozy country feeling, while being upclass at the same time. We ate and ate and then Jim saw the lady showing the desserts. Everytime she went to another table, we would say "I'll trip her and you catch the desserts". haha
We came home and put on another movie while our food digested and then ate some of a chocolate pie that I had here in the fridge.
THEN I got a page that I was needed for a back-up shift in the ICU from 3:30am-7am. Oh well, we kinda had a feeling that I might have been called in. Earlier in the day, I gave Jimmy the grand tour of the hospital and saw that the ICU was pretty busy. The tech called at 10:30pm, so we had time to finish our movie and catch a few zzz's. I woke up and was trying to be very quiet so Jim could keep sleeping, but he wanted to get up with me. He came out to the couch, curled up under a blanket, put on The Patriot, asked for a piece of pie, and I walked out the door.

Sunday was our trip up to grab Cairo Skywatch (yes, mom, it does exist), through Prophetstown, and to Delphi where we snagged yet another box. It was cold, the clues were somewhat ambiguous, but we got it with Jims smarts. These are pictures of the wooded suspension bridge that seemed 100 years old that we had to cross. Of course, he had to jump and hop and skip across it laughing as I was hanging on for dear life to the cable side rails. We did have fun though, as we always do.




















Jim had said he was going to leave on Monday morning when I went to school, but happily surprised me Sunday night when he asked what I thought about him staying until Wednesday. Well, DUHHHH!!! Wooo Hooooo!
I don't think he wanted to stay for me (lol) he just wanted to get more boxes and geocaches!! So, Monday as I was leaving school there was a voicemail from him asking me to call, he needed me to pick up some eggs on the way home. uhhhhh ohhhhh. I started wondering, is this gonna be a good thing or a bad thing (laughing). Let me TELL YOU: I walked in the door and I have never smelled something so good. It looked like he had been working all day in the kitchen. He had made a pork tenderloin (perfectly done), mashed taters (does he know his sweetie or what), mac and cheese, corn, rolls. Sheeesh! The eggs were for the brownies he was making until he realized I didn't have any more eggs (I had used the last of them making breakfast for us on Sunday morning). I was absolutely grinning from ear to ear. I wasn't surprised that he could cook, but I felt special that he made such an effort. He had done all of the dishes and the laundry, not to mention the babysitting he had done all day with the critters.
I came home for lunch on Tuesday, had some leftovers, including the brownies. I went back to school and Jim ran a few errands. Magoo decided it was time for him to share in this wealth of yumminess and helped himself to the ENTIRE 9x13 pan of brownies. A string of expletives spewed forth from my mouth as Jim told me...all the while he was laughing.
To top it all off: I came in from school on Tuesday and smelled something absolutely fantastic. Now, his creation was fettucine alfredo with chicken he had grilled prior and garlic bread. This is when he had the easter basket on my desk. I have enough chocolate to last me a year (in all actuality, in my house it will probably last about a week). Cute little plush animals and a movie all stuffed into a fire truck easter basket. Oh, and if you look closely, he had my favs: Reece cups (double! again, does he know his sweetie or what) and sorry Kim, but there is a whole tin of make-it yourself Smores. I just dunno if I can do this, though, the marshmellows are Peeps. How can I, without a guilty conscience, melt little baby chickens?? =) The movie was drumline, a really good movie, which I didn't think he would like, much less even know about. Now, the cute thing is that I don't ever remember talking about this movie with him, but he thought since I was in the band that I would like it. (I didn't even know Jimmy knew I was in the band!).

Surprises all around. Very pleasant surprises. Jimmy and I had a wonderful relaxing weekend and he really made me feel like a princess. I got spoiled while he was here and it sucks coming home to an empty house now. He has guard this weekend then starts his new job next week. I am glad he was able to relax with me this weekend. He was never at a loss for attention: Buddy, Bella, Goo, and Talls ALL made sure of that. I got the leftover kisses **grin**. But, I am sure his Sara kitty will be happy to see him, too. I have no doubt that she will mob him at the door.

He is on his was home now, checking on moms' letterboxes on the way. Right now, I have to go work on a project that I have to present tomorrow to the radiologists.

So, ta-ta for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home