Sunday, April 16, 2006

Spring is Here!















Mom rolled into town on Monday evening. We headed on over to dinner and then on to school where I need to check on Roxey (as a matter of fact). I gave her the grand tour and of course she had to check out all of the patients in the ICU - she even sang with Farley, a very serious pancreatitis patient.
I hated we didn't get to spend much time together, I got the bad feeling that I wouldn't. Medicine=no time at home. It seemed as soon as I got home, we ate and I fell asleep. OH..and EATING... it was so nice to have mommas' home cookin again, THAT'S fer sure! Lets see, the first night we had chipped beef gravy and biscuits, pot roast with mashed taters and gravy, fresh strawberries, she cooked up and deboned a chicken for me to use later with the noodles she picked up. On Tuesday, she went to Anderson to find the Grandparent boxes that I had placed, and visited friends while she was in town. I got home about 7:45pm that night and I think she rolled in about 9-10, but she came bearing Krispy Kreme which made everything alright.
Wenesday was her boxin day around Lafayette. She got my Celery Bog series and Cairo Skywatch (which she now admits exists). We went out Thursday when I got home to get the Wabash Moonlight box, which ended up being muddy to the core. We picked it up, I am cleaning it, and mom emailed her that we have it and performing our rescue mission. This robin picture was taken along the Wabash. We just walked up on her sitting her nest and she didn't seem to mind a bit. She tolerated me taking lots of pictures. closer. closer. closer. Pushing my luck each time. She was so patient and so elegant. There was 2 mommas with their babies, along the Wabash, sharing their moments together.















If anyone knows P, they know that tulips are my absolute favorite flower. This single, lone, pink tulip graced my garden on Saturday morning. I first noticed her all closed up with the morning dew and as the day progressed, she opened her beauty to the world, and closed again as night fell. I can't explain why I love tulips so much. They are so delicate and fragile, but at the same time so hardy and tough, yet still very elegant. They tie together my two favorite seasons: fall and spring. As tulip bulbs must be planted in the fall, they are hardy enough to weather the winter elements and shine many many months later. Isn't my flower beautiful?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home