Tuesday, May 09, 2006

All ears!















Here are my little babies...right in my front yard. Yesterday I mowed the front yard. Very short, I might add, because I left it at the setting my landlord brought it to me on. The mower doesn't have a bag. The yard looked crappy. I am very particular about how my yard looks. Today I bought a rake and raked my front yard.

Well.....

I looked over to one place (I saw this yesterday and thought nothing of it) to a pile of grey looking hair and leaves at the base of my big tree. Weird, I thought...I haven't brushed that much hair of Magoo in a long time, but *why* is it all in a little ball? So, I go over and pick up the little clump and look to see SQUIRMING bodies in a hole in the ground. As I looked closer, I tried with all of my might to count as many sets of ears as I could. I couldn't even get a final count, heck, I don't even know *what* they are. Bunnies? Squirrels? They were so very small and all curled up together and intertwined with all of their might. Their ears just wiggled and squirmed as I tried to count, but I just covered them back up so they wouldn't be scared.

Now, if I can just remember not to run the mower there in the next few days. We got lucky yesterday, but I don't wanna push it!

Aren't they precious?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home