From Peanut to Lime

Today I heard the most amazing thing that a mother could ever hear... the heartbeat of my baby beating at 152 beats per minute. My sister rode with me to the doctors appointment because Jimmy couldn't get off work and we both experienced the most amazing thing. The doctor did not do an ultrasound, as he won't do one until the beginning of March, but did use the Doppler probe. He had to search for a few minutes because "that little heart is so small", but when he found it- Man oh Man!
I have been calling the little baby a peanut because everyone kept saying 'you can't do this and you can't do that because you are pregnant' to which my reply was always "whynot? it's only as big as a peanut". The literature says we have transitioned to a lime now, via the kumquat stage.
We are so excited!


4 Comments:
As the future quadraped grandparent of your lime, I say congratulations. I'll know you'll make the best mother ever.
LOVE IT!!! That was funny and thanks so much, I have so much to learn. Don't reckon I can put the little thing in a kennel can I? =)
Congratulations from the prospective Quarter-Gramma? Or something like that? Love to you all, anyway. Karren
Oh lord, girl do I have some recommendations for you and your lime! hehehe! Do you remember that picture of you, me, Laura and Donna doing the can-can with me about 8 months knocked up??? Good times are awaitin' ya, momma!
Love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home