Saturday, May 13, 2006

Bowling Splint





















For my birthday my friends treated me out to dinner at Grindstone Charleys and as we were trying to figure out what we wanted to do, I suggested bowling. Now, I love bowling. I used to be on a junior league, got a scholarship from the lanes when I went to college (for $1000), then later I bowled in an adult league. All the time I always struggled and had to be very diligent about my wrists. Keep them straight, paula, you have to keep your wrist straight. Well, last night I bowled a much better game and I have decided that I have **the** most expensive ($20,000) bowling splint on the planet. But, wow, did I bowl MUCH more consistently. We had a lot of fun, I even played around with left-handed bowling. I have played around with the lefty bowling when my bad wrist would hurt so much, I have to really focus, but I did bowl a 9/spare and a strike with my left hand last night. We had so much fun and it really felt good to get out and laugh so much.
Then we went to Steak and Shake and had some yummy desserts. I had my favorite Oreo Shake, and ohhhhhh was it so good!
I got lotsa ecards (thanks to EVERYONE), singing on my voicemail (actually a little scary at times), text messages, offline messages....ahh the ways to say Happy Birthday in the electronic age...hahaha
Anyway, just wanted to share my bowling splint for my family who haven't seen the rads yet and my interested science nerd friends.

Bunny Update: Their eyes are open today and were not open yesterday. I think yesterday (or today) was their 10 day birthday! Mother Nature is amazing. I never thought they would have made it through all of this BAD rain, HIGH winds, and FREEZING cold weather!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home