Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day, Mommmmmmmmy!

When the wise God planted His garden, scattering the seeds from above, The choicest seed in His packet Was the flower of Mother-love. Carefully watched o'er and tended, Nurtured by sunshine and shower, Ever growing sturdy and stronger, It blooms-a beautiful flower. A flower so sweet and entrancing, Dazzling and shining and white, A love that guards us and guides us Through life~our beacon light. A love that steadies our footsteps, That stretches a helpful hand, That comforts our sorrows and heartaches, That always will understand. Mother-love, God's gift to His children, With heavenly fragrance fraught; The brightest flower in God's garden, His truest forget-me-not.


Mom's sayings from St. Kitts:
(about the bread)...they're just seeds, eat'em
(about turtling)...no thanks, I'll just stay home
The best trip ever with my mommy was when she and Kimmy came to see me on St. Kitts. We had the most amazing together time of the Kolar gals! This is a picture from Spratnetts.


Zoe sayings:
1. Because I said so (this is used for everything)
2. Just trust me (this is also used for everything + any craft or cooking project of mine that she is FIXING)
3. Dammit Steven (or Paula, or Kim)




ONLY MY MOTHER can find Carolina Pride ham (made in our hometown of Greenwood, SC) in a grocery in St. Kitts.
So, let me tell you about my mommas cookin! ...SHE CAN! Whenever she visits me I am always on the hook-up.
But growing up, things she tried to teach me to cook. There are some things that I can't do (lord knows I wish I could do) like her:
burned grilled cheese (good thing I can't do that)
canning tomatoes and applesauce (labor of love)
CANDY, I am not strong enough to make divinity, my fudge never ever turns out as good as hers, but daggummit Kim and I can DO THE BUCKEYES!
Biscuits and bread (not from the breadmaker)
Gravy...without the lumps
Beef and noodles
The pies...oh the pies!

This picture of her tattoo is a result of P's highlighter and ONE HOT MOMMA (no pun intended).


Here we were, going to Tortola when I had HUGE exams to prepare for. No way were we going to miss touring around Tortola and swimming with those AMAZING dolphins. So, we got on the
plane, P's notes and highlighter in hand, and flew to Tortola. After mothers A-fib on the plane, Kim and Mom settled out for a nap and I studied. We swam with the dolphins, did some shopping, had a yummy lunch, drove around the island, and flew back to St. Kitts that night. (YES I KNOW I AM RETARDED), I dunno why the backwards arrow on the heart....lol

Random Zoe facts:
Nicknames: Right Bower, Martha Stewart, Scrabble Master, the Inn keeper (pk), zoemomma
Favorite song: Theme from Spongebob Squarepants (insert evil 2-daughter laugh)
Birthday: July 22, (ahem), Cancer, Crab, and element is Water
Birthmonth flower: Larkspur
Birthmonth gem: Ruby
Days of intense labor: May 12, April 26
Day of labor without pain, but still got a cool kid: January 16
Animals that have loved her unconditionally: Nipper, Strohs, Shadow, Sugar, Doofus, Punkin, Tigger, Bear, Buddy, Bella, Talisman, Magoo, Hoosier, Lucky, Possum Quatty, a bucketful of minnows with a scraped knee, some hamsters, fish, axolotyls, hermit crabs
Favorite games: Scrabble, Euchre, Bridge
Favorite hobby: Letterboxing
Favorite Vacation Spot: Oahu
Where she wants to visit one day: Australia
What she is when she grows up: Special Education teacher
Judge Judy?: definitely
Sauerkraut and beef tongue: yup
Traits my mommy has: generous, knowledge, imagination, strength, humor, compassion, honesty, curiosity, trust, creativity, loyalty, tolerance, toughness, thoughtfulness, consistency, sociability, and love

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!!!
I love you bunches and bunches and bunches, my mommy squarepants in the BARN!
Forever your Sweet Pea,
P




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home