Tuesday, March 31, 2009

24 Week Update

Ok I will fess up- this is not an actual picture of me =); however, it is a picture of the holter monitor that I had to wear last week. I was feeling a lot of weird heart arrythmias- a very heavy chest and couldn't catch my breath. The doctor ordered I wear one of these contraptions for 24 hours, then I had to wait for the results for 5 days- what the hell? THANK goodness that the ECG came back normal, although I am still having some episodes. Dr. Erickson (the OB) wants to refer me for a cardiology work-up, but my 'episodes' and much fewer and further in between, so when I go for my regular monthly appointment tomorrow, we will discuss it.



24 weeks today- baby is a just over a foot long weighing a little over a pound. Apparently my uterus is the size of a soccer ball now. . . 'scuse me?? I am finding it much harder to sleep in any position other than on my left side and my belly button is going bye-bye. I feel more kicks daily- usually when I finally stop for the day and I am laying in bed. Jimmy and I were in bed one night and I was asleep. I woke up and said the baby is kicking and he said he knew- I think he had his hand laid across my belly when I was sleeping... and he is so super good about rubbing my back as I fall asleep everynight (without me asking).



Went to Dr. Ridgeway's mountain house in Sylva, NC last weekend and had a fantastic time. The crew: Me, Jimmy, Brett, Nick, Ginny, Timmy, and Hagan. The boys fished for trout all weekend while I curled up on the porch in a blanket and watched those fools out in the wind and cold rain.



Cooked some yummy food, but the laughing was the best part, all of those guys are silly, but when Hagan and Brett get together they are a riot! The only injury of the weekend involved Jimmy forgetting how to walk down steps. He took a nasty fall and we thought he had broken his foot, but now he is walking a little better so we are thinking it was just a very bad sprain.



We signed the loan for the house last week. Do not have an official closing date yet- but I am ready to get moved again for THE LAST time (at least for a long time anyway). I am ready to get the baby room done- I can't wait for that! 109 North Hill Road (right next to mom's house for those of you who haven't heard). . . but that is a story for another day . . . As for now, it is painting, painting, painting and redoing the hardwood floors.

I promise to update again soon with pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home